Though landing pages are typically not used with a Naked domain (yourdomain.com), there are cases where you would want to point your main domain to pages created with Swipe Pages. For example you are using our app to build your website or a microsite for a campaign.
To connect your root / naked domain to Swipe Pages you will have to use Cloudflare as your DNS manager.
Cloudflare ensures your DNS resolves faster and also keeps your site secure from DDOS attacks. It also provides Free SSL for your site.
Create an Account in Cloudflare or login to your account if you already have one. Click on the ADD A SITE button
2. Enter your domain name ( without www or http or any trailing slashes )
3. Choose the Free Plan and click on the Continue Button
4. Cloudflare would scan your DNS records and list it there. Do not make any modifications to it now. Click on the Continue button.
Now you would have to point your Domain to Clouldflare so that it can act as your DNS manager.
5. Login to your Domain Registrar
Update the Nameservers to the ones provided by Cloudflare. Save the settings.
DNS Settings can take up to 24 hrs to propagate depending on your domain registrar, but usually happens in just a few hours.
6. Go back to Cloudflare after a few hours and click on the Done Check Nameservers button.
7. In the Quick Start Guide screen,
Turn ON Automatic HTTPS Rewrites and Always Force HTTPS option
Turn OFF Js, Css & HTML minififcation ( Swipe Pages does this for you )
Turn OFF Brotli compression ( Swipe Pages handles this )
Click on the Finish Button
If your dns change has propagated you will be shown a success message. If it hasn’t then you would have to wait until you receive an email confirmation from Cloudlfare.
Once your domain is connected to Cloudflare, now it's time to add your domain to Swipe Pages.
8. Login to your Swipe Pages account and navigate to the Domains Panel and
Click on the Add New Domain button
9. Enter your root domain name ( without www, https or any trailing slashes ) and click Next
10. Enter www as your sub domain and click on the Next button
11. Copy the CNAME value provided.
12. Login to Cloudflare again and in the DNS tab, edit the www CNAME record and update it with the value you just copied.
Click on the Orange Cloud Icon next to the value and ensure it gets turned off ( icon turns grey )
Save the changes
If in case you do not have an A record after Cloudflare migration then you can add an A record in the DNS tab. Make sure the orange cloud is turned on. Please set the IP for the A record to 192.0.2.1.
Save the changes
13. Navigate to the Page Rules Tab and click on the Create Page Rule button
14. Enter the URL that has to be forwarded in which case it is your domain. Enter yourdomain.com* ( Please use your domain in place of yourdomain.com. Note the * matches all the pages that your domain can have. )
Choose the setting as FORWARDING URL and choose the Status code as 301 Redirect
Save the Settings.
15. Wait for a few hours to allow the DNS changes to propagate. Head to the Swipe Pages domains panel and click on the Connect button.
Once your domain is connected you publish your pages to it.